One can’t escape the big bum era we are in, it’s everywhere from the celebs we see flaunting their derriere on the red carpet to the fitness pros we watch teaching us glute-only routines.
The words “Does my bum look big in this” has evolved from butt shaming to butt celebrating!
Now, there are many ways getting a big butt is possible in today’s world, but how about ditching those tough heavy workouts or high carb diets and just using fashion to deceive the eye.
In this blog I will go through some tips and tricks to the most commonly asked question that I get; How can I make my butt look bigger?
So can using clothing only really create such an illusion that people will perceive your behind bigger than it really is?
Let me explain the psychological part first, how an illusion will trick your brain;
“Optical illusions can use color, light and patterns to create images that can be deceptive or misleading to our brains. The information gathered by the eye is processed by the brain, creating a perception that in reality, does not match the true image.”
Now that you understand the theory, let me share with you my top five tips:
- Always choose a dark color, preferably black, for your upper body and a bright color for your lower body. This will make you look slimmer on your top and draw the eye to your bottom half. A white skirt is ideal.
- A horizontal striped skirt is a must! And if you can pair it with a vertically striped top all the better. Horizontal stripes will make your behind look wider than it really is.
- Any kind of stretchy material. You want the skirt to move with your body, anything restricted will do just that; restrict your booty from popping! My favorite is a four way stretch material as this really enhances curves.
- Flared skirts and dresses are a go to, these create the perfect hourglass silhouette. What you want is to make your torso look slimmer and to keep the attention away from it. Any kind of flare grabs attention.
- Loud prints. As demonstrated in our image, the sport suit is a bright & busy print which keeps your focus on where the colors are. Tie dye, flowers, animal print or any other kind of designs are all perfect to keep the focus exactly where you want it.
So ladies, there you have it, everything you need to know to give you those sexy curves. If you have them well this can enhance them and if you don't then now you know how to create some illusions!
Love the sports suit in the image? Check out the full range here
Got any questions or feedback? You are welcome to drop me a line on firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to help.
I will be posting weekly blogs so stay tuned and if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know.
I hope you enjoyed reading gorgeous!